So, it isn't a surprise that our interns are dear to our hearts and that we want to offer them a meaningful experience that will go well past "busy work."
So, if you are a college senior in outdoor rec, events, marketing, advertising, non-profit, journalism, or business and have the skills outlined below, e-mail us to come along for the ride this spring. We'd like to place four interns by January 25th and they would work on Huntsman Hometown Heroes events and fundraising initiatives through the end of the semester.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and go hug your mentor today.
EVENTS and MARKETING INTERN
JANUARY – JUNE 2013
Huntsman Cancer Foundation is seeking an Events and Marketing intern with an interest in fundraising. Interns will facilitate event initiatives and market the Huntsman Hometown Heroes (HHH) endurance training program, Huntsman 140 bike ride and the Huntsman 5K under the direction of the development events staff. Marketing duties include recruiting Huntsman Hometown Heroes program, raising awareness of the Huntsman 140 and Huntsman 5K.
This is a flex-time position with room for work from home and hours outside of regular business hours (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.). The internship begins in January 2012 and continues through June 2013. This position is a non-paid, volunteer opportunity and will range from 8-30 hours a week. Be part of an organization that gives A Reason to Hope® for cancer patients and their families by raising funds for cancer research through sporting events.
- Excellent analytical and communications skills (both written and verbal)
- Superior organizational skills, ability to manage a variety of projects, and attention to detail
- Directed and self-starting attitude; ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong computer skills and competency in Microsoft Office Suite products
- Demonstrated leadership, organization and effective communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines
- Use discretion in abiding by policies, including patient confidentiality
- Have an infectious personality and a passion for helping others.
- Follow and implement the in-place marketing timeline
- Make contact with local companies to introduce and invite them to be a part of the HHH program and/or include it in newsletters and emails
- Must be able to attend HHH training runs & rides at Sugar House Park on Saturday mornings one to two days a month. Duties on training days will include:
- Taking pictures of the group (photography skills a plus, but not a must)
- Aid station and moral support for the runners
- Updating the photo team directory
- Social networking
- Facebook updates, tagging pictures, calendar updates, blogging, tweeting, etc.
- Some Web site administrative work
- Email blasts
- Update website information
- Input information into RaisersEdge (fundraising database)
- Check in weekly with HCF events team via email or in the office
- Seek out and confirm donations from food and massage vendors for the HHH finish line tent
- Must be available for the 2013 Salt Lake City Marathon and Huntsman 5K – April 19-20, 2013
- Oversee a “Thank You” station on the course and/or finish line tent
- Assist with the 2013 Ogden Marathon – May 18, 2013
- Must be available to oversee an area for the 2013 Huntsman 140 – June 15, 2013
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Jen Murano at email@example.com.
Post by: Huntsman Cancer Foundation | Jen Murano|801-584-5815 Closes January 20, 2013